- Is the inside of your microwave looking like a war zone? Fill a microwaveable bowl with 1-2 cups of water and 1-2 tablespoons of vinegar. Microwave the mixture for 5 minutes. Once the timer goes off, let the bowl sit with the door closed for a minute or two to let the steam really kick in. Be very careful when removing the bowl of water – it can still be extremely hot. Take a cloth or sponge and wipe down the inside of the microwave and just like that, you’re done! No harsh chemicals or extra scrubbing required.
- Soak a paper towel in vinegar and wrap it around your sink fixtures. This will eliminate hard water stains after sitting for about an hour.
- Fill a dish wand with one part vinegar and one part dishwashing liquid. Leave it in the shower so it is nearby while you’re in the shower yourself, making it easy to scrub down shower before you get out.
- Put a few lemon slices and ice cubes down the drain and run your garbage disposal. The lemon will deodorize while the ice cleans off the blades.
- Burnt on food at the bottom of your pot? Pour a generous amount of hydrogen peroxide and sprinkle a pile of baking soda in and mix. Let the concoction sit for about 6 hours and use a scrub brush to easily wipe away the residue. This trick also works wonders for cookie sheets.
- Clean your ceiling fan blades with an old pillowcase. Simply put the case over the blade and wipe off, ensuring the dust falls into the pillowcase and not all over you.
- Use floss for those hard to reach spaces around handles and faucets that build up grime.
- Have you heard of this miracle grout cleaner? Simply take your Clorox toilet bowl cleaner (it’s a gel, so it pours neatly into the grout lines) and pour it onto your lines. Let the cleaner sit on the grout lines for approximately 10 minutes. Then take a hard plastic bristle brush and lightly scrub the cleaner into the grout lines. Let the scrubbed in cleaner sit for another 5 minutes. Take a wet mop and wipe up the cleaner.
Did any of these innovative ideas catch your eye? Try one out and let us know how it worked for you!